If you saw my post yesterday we made a fabulous leek dish which proved to be a hit with the family! I had a few more leeks and decided to see what I could come up with in the soup department… So with a few modifications I present Leek & Spinach Stew
Scrumptious Leek & Spinach Stew
Flavor packed soup that warms the tummy and satisfies the taste buds.
Credit: The Functional Perspective
- 3 Large Leeks
- 3-4 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp salt (I use Pink Himalayan or Real Salt)
- 3-4 cups Broth (I used homemade beef 3 cups plus 1-2 cups of water)
- 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
- 2 TB of Olive Oil
- Optional garnishes: Parsley, Yogurt spice blend(Parsley, Oregano, Marjoram and Salt)
- Rinse and slice Leeks
- Melt Butter & Oil in stock pot, add in Leeks.
- Lightly saute while chopping up Spinach and Garlic
- Add Spinach, Garlic and Salt – continue to saute about 3-4 min
- Add broth, bring to boil then simmer for approximately 30-40 minutes
- Serve as is or garish individual servings with spices of choice or plain yogurt with spices.
- TIPS – I purchase big containers of fresh baby spinach and put the container directly in the freezer. The spinach freezes without sticking together and is very easy to crumble when I am ready to use it.