For some reason I have been craving soup lately and the one I made today was absolutely delicious! SO here is my attempt to post a “real” recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Fantastic Fall Kale & Veggie Soup
A flavorful comforting soup for those brisk fall days.
Credit: The Functional Perspective
- 1 bunch of Celery
- 1-1 ½ lbs Carrots
- 2 – 3 Zucchini
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Kale
- 1 tsp salt (I use Himilayan or Real Salt)
- 1 TB Coconut Oil or Grass-fed Butter
- 1 TB of Olive Oil (Optional)
- Parsley (Optional garnish)
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Optional garnish)
- approx 3 qts. of water (May also use beef or chicken broth as well as a mixture of water and broth)
- Rinse and chop Celery
- Rinse and chop zucchini (optional to peel first)
- Peel and chop Carrots
- Melt Butter or Oil in stock pot, add in celery. Lightly saute until celery begins to turn soft, the color will begin to appear translucent. The celery does not need to be completely translucent, just when it starts to turn.
- Add chopped Zucchini and lightly saute
- Add Carrots, Salt and water
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer or very low boil for approximately 2 hours.
- If using the Olive Oil, add at this time, and stir
- Add Kale and simmer approximately 10 min.
- Garnish with parsley, pumpkin seeds or other favorite garnishes!
- TIPS – I will chop the celery first and get it sauteing while prepping the remaining ingredients. As I chop the zucchini I add it to the celery. IF it looks as though the celery is getting done too quickly I will turn off the pan and just add the remaining ingredients.
- I will often add a cup or two of beef or chicken broth during the remaining 10 min – especially the broth that is saved from a roast.