Wonderfully put about some of my favorite fruit! Plumlicious!!!
Plums belong to the Rosaceae family, including peaches, nectarine, almonds and damson. They are grown all over the world with different size, color and growth characteristic. A plum tree bears berries between May and September.
Health benefits of plums
- They are low in calories (46 calories per 100g)
- They relieve constipation problems
- One medium-sized fresh plum contains 113 mg of potassium, a mineral that helps manage high blood pressure and reduce stroke risk
- Fresh berries are a moderate source of vitamin C which is also a powerful natural antioxidant.
- They are a moderate source of Vitamin A and beta-carotene, essential for maintaining healthy skin
- They contain Vitamin K essential for many clotting factors function in the blood and help reduce Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly
- Each dried plum has one gram of fiber.
- They have a low glycemic index. Helps you control your blood sugar and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
View original post 90 more words